Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's been a while






It's been a while and a lot has happened since our last blog. First, I went to Kansas to visit my family and to see my brother. He got home from Argentina on May 19! It was so exciting to see him. My whole family went to the airport to pick him up. We all rushed him and gave him a hug and we were all crying. I'm sure we looked pathetic standing there like that, but I don't care. It was really exciting to see Garrett.

While Madison and I were in Kansas Chris got a job!!! We're very excited. It's a better job than the one he had lined up for the fall. He'll be working at a hedge fund called Highland Capital. For those of you who don't know a hedge fund is like a rich person's mutual fund. They are less regulated and able to invest in more than just stocks. Chris is going to be a Portfolio Operations Analyst, I'll let you know what that means when I figure it out. He starts work on Monday. I hope that he likes it.

After he accepted the position Chris came up to Kansas to be with Madison and me. Then we drove down to Broken Bow, Oklahoma for Memorial Day weekend. The water was awesome, and we had a blast. Madison even got to take a spin on the kneeboard! She's going to be a pro someday.

9 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Hey. I agree. Let's hang. email me your digits and we'll get the kids together. So fun. Jeni and I have been wanting to picnic, so I think we should do that...and then we can swim!

Abby said...

Guys, Madison is SO SO cute. She looks so chill on that wakeboard- like it's just a natural thing. You're right- she will be a pro. Wish we could've come with- later this summer we will do it. Oh and Sarah- I've got some info on the craft classes. I'll call ya sometime about it. Congrats Chris on the sweet job. Finally our hubbies will be working. About time.

Kelly said...

awwhhh...it was too bad we didn't get to see you guys! Looks like you were having fun though. I guess you'll just have to come out to Baltimore to make up for the loss!

Jeffery and Nicole said...

Congrats Chris!! That is awesome you got a better job! Madison looks adorable as always! Everyone misses you back here in Utah!

Anonymous said...

Can you say adorable?! Maddie is just so cute! I miss you guys so much! Congrats Chris! I hope everything works out for you!
Annie

Jeffery and Nicole said...

Yes it sure does!!! I love it! So since you aren't out selling for the summer anymore, any thoughts about coming out to the reunion?

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

We miss you guys, too! Tell me about Chris's job. How much better is it? Will you be in Dallas in August? Todd and I are going to be at my house and we can come visit you.

Jeffery and Nicole said...

Well we'd all be way excited if plans changed and you could come!! Keep thinking about it ;)

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

No, Todd will apply in like two weeks or something like that. How is Madison doing? She looks sooo adorable in those pictures. I showed them to Todd and I think he got even more baby hungry. Thanks! hehe.