Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The trivet bowl



For our wedding Chris and I were given a number of presents that didn't really have any use until the last couple months. Why, you might ask? Well, there are just certain things that can't be put to good use in a 650 square foot apartment where you aren't allowed to put any holes in the wall (not that we could have drilled through the cinder block even if we had wanted to).

Among these "frivilous" items was a trivet bowl. I don't remember who the bowl was from, but I do know that in all of our 6 moves we have packed it and moved it and stored it. Chris has always complained about why we still have it, but I just kept telling him we'd use it some day.

Now, here we are three years later, and I have finally found a good use for the bowl. The other day I decided that I wanted to decorate for fall, so I got the bowl out and put some acrons in it. It looked pretty good, but then I saw an arrangement online that included pumpkins and berries. A trip to Wal-Mart and $5 later I had my fall arrangement, which would have been impossible without this trivet bowl. So there you go, now Chris can stop complaining and I can feel justified for keeping this bowl all these moves.

4 comments:

Jill and Ryan said...

More like the trivial bowl-J/K. It looks pretty good and how great is it that it only cost 5 bucks to make it useful.

Anonymous said...

Well, you're so clever and when it's time for winter decorations, you can just change them out with the same bowl. And on it goes for every season and holiday! It can come in handy for centerpieces, too should you ever teach relief society or something! Endless possibilities!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from mom, by the way! I'll get this "blog" thing down eventually.

Jeffery and Nicole said...

Good thinking! Very festive :)