Monday, April 07, 2008

Yay for Texas!!!







Anyone who knows me at all knows that one of my favorite things to do is go swimming. So, living here in Texas where it is 80 degrees at the beginning of April is perfect for me:) I've been planning all weekend to take Miss Maddie back in the water, and I am so excited that we could go! I've been waiting to go swimming all spring.

Now most of you know that last summer Madison learned to swim on her own. I'm not sure if she'll keep it up this summer now that she's older and wiser (and knows that she should probably be scared of the water). She did well today, though. The water was cold, but she had fun. She did step off the big step into the deep water and she kept kicking at the surface instead of sinking, so maybe once it is warmer she'll be swimming like a fish again. Either way she loved it! I really can't tell you how happy it makes me that we can get in the water again. It's the best summer activity!

6 comments:

Leia said...

I can just picture you teaching her how to swim. "Blow bubbles now Madison!"

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

You're probably wondering why I'm Posting a comment at 2am...I got started on the baby's scrapbook and couldn't stop...and I HATE scrapbooking! How fun that you get to be tan! it snowed here today! All I want is to get in the pool too, Boo-hoo, I'm Jealous! Well I can't wait to go swimming with you guys so Maddie can try teaching Austin to swim again this year. Good Job Maddie!

emilie s. d. p. said...

So.... Jealous! I cannot wait for it to be 80 degrees here.
Now where's that pregnant Sarah belly? :o)

Kylee said...

I am jealous! We have warm days here, but not quite warm enough to brave the pool. I hope Maddie continues to love the water as much as you do, Sarah!

Abby said...

I'm so glad Madison still knows how to swim- she's gonna be an awesome swimmer when she's older- you should give her lessons!! I'm very excited it's warm weather too- gotta get myself in shape for a swimsuit!!!

Jeni said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant believe how warm it is too!! but the water is still cold? ewwww I hate cold water! Looks like fun though - Maddison that little fish needs to teach nat some of her moves this year!