Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finally Finished

After living in this house for 2 1/2 months, I have finally finished Jaxon's room. I've been dreaming of this room for months. You see, the airplane posters on the wall were done by my dad while he was working doing screen printing at BYU about 25 years ago. They are actually advertisements to remind students to sign up for classes. Anyway, I think they are super cool and so I've wanted to use them for room decor. And now I've finally gotten it all done! I have one more little project I want to do, but I'm going to need a new drill for that because the one I have is kind of whimpy (hint, hint honey, Christmas is coming :).




And here is the kids' bathroom. It's actually been done for a while, but I figured I'd post pictures anyway.





So now I'm trying to decide how long I actually have to wait before I put up Christmas decorations. Do you think now is too early? We have a super, super cool entry way that is going to look great with garland on it! I've been dreaming about it ever since we first saw the house in June. I don't really know if I can wait any longer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute rooms, Sarah! Go for it with the Christmas decorations!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Is his wall red or orange?

Amanda said...

LOVE IT! Great job! L's room is not even finished and he is the same age as Jax! I want to put up our Christmas stuff now too....but Steve is working late and this whole weekend and the next weekend we are busy so I don't think the stuff will come out of the attic till after Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

looks great!...yeah, our Christmas stuff is up!!! Jake got it all out and decorated this past Saturday!

Jeni said...

ok I had this same dilema the other day UNTIL i was driving home today and drove past a house with a CHRISTMAS tree up in their house. I totally am OK with putting my stuff up now! DO IT and I will too!! Jax rooms looks adorable BTW!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

So cute! I love your house. Yes, we are blessing Zack over Thanksgiving. I didn't answer before because I really didn't know what we were going to do, and now we have been undecided for so long it's pathetic. Really. Zack is going to be old enough to give himself a blessing if we don't hurry. I'm not sure if we will do it next weekend of the next one...which one is better for you? It would be SO GREAT to see you guys! Ah! I'm excited!

Annie said...

His room looks so cute! You are so talented! I say go for it with the Christmas decorations! I wish we would already :)

Michelle Call said...

Nice job on the decor! Hey, we have a brand new in the box 7.2 drill/driver by black and decker...it's yours for $20 bucks. HA! I don't know if that would be strong enough for you and all your projects though!

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love the room, especially the colored wall. Those posters are awesome. I'm glad you're finally able to put them up. I can't wait to see more of the house.