Friday, November 14, 2008

The way we roll




It's 6:15 on a Friday night and we're sitting around watching The Little Mermaid for about the 1 millionth time waiting for Chris to get home. Gone are the days of romantic, exciting Friday nights out on the town. (Saturday night is date night, however.) Chris is on his way home with dinner. I don't know what dinner is, but since I forgot the grocery list while I was running errands today the grocery shopping didn't get done. So Chris is in charge of dinner, which means take out. Madison isn't wearing any pants or underwear, for that matter. Seriously, clothing is so over-rated. Jaxon is teething, so he's super cranky. Neither of my kiddos got good naps this afternoon, so they're going to bed early! Yay for that! And after I get back from craft night Chris and I might watch a movie. That is if I don't go to the grocery store on the way home, since tomorrow is super packed: family pics (so excited), baptism, and date night to the temple.

On another note: Madison and Jaxon no longer have door knobs on their doors. Why? You might ask. Well, Madison doesn't have a doorknob so she can't get out during her naptime. And Jaxon doesn't have a doorknob so Madison can't get in during his naptime.

And here are some of Madison's most recent sayings:

Me "Madison, do you want to go in time out."
Madison "No, I'm so special. I'm so special for time out, mommy."

One day I locked myself in the laundry room so that I could have a conversation with Chris on the phone:
Madison "Mommy, you can't close the door, this is my own house. Not your house."

And the other day she informed me "Mommy, I can't feed Jaxon. I don't have big boo boos."


And that, my friends, is the way we roll :)

6 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Madison is so funny! I still can't believe how big she is.

Heidi said...

You are so cute! I find myself thinking empathetically, that sounds a lot like our house! :) I'm so glad you were there Friday night. It was so much fun. Def need to do it again. :)

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Jax looks so different since last week! how they grow! I love reading madisons funny sayings, I have a funny little list myself, maybe i will put it on tomorrow, Hope pics went well! see u soon!

Annie said...

Madison is just cute. That's the only way to say it. Sounds like you need a trip to Utah and let the Horne's help babysit? :) Think about it....haha.

Amanda said...

LOL!!!! This post made me feel right at home:)

emilie s. d. p. said...

I agree, clothing is over-rated!
Madison is so hilarious. I love it!