Friday, December 12, 2008

The Halls are Decked

We (I) am finally, FINALLY done decorating for Christmas. It has taken me for-ev-er! I started right after we got back from Thanksgiving, but with 2 crazy kiddos and a million other things going on it has taken me almost 2 full week. I'm done now, though, and it feels so good. Our house has been so empty since we haven't really done much decorating yet, so it is nice to have some decorations around, even if they will only be up for a month or so.



Front Door


The tree (it looks a lot better at night)


New Stockings! (I made good on my promise to Chris that if he let me get a new sewing machine I'd make him a bigger stocking!)
Hard to see, but there are ribbon and balls around the garland.

Super, super cute advent calendar that my amazing, wonderful, incredibly talented parents made for my kids!

Super Saturday craft

The reason we bought the house, okay not really, but I do love this entry way!


Now I just have to finish my Christmas shopping. Ugh. I took both kids to the mall today. Madison ended up getting ice cream for lunch as a bribe. Maybe no one is getting Christmas presents this year....

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh gosh, I tried to stay... BIG mistake.

Amanda said...

YOu did an AWESOME job!!!!
I understand what you mean about not having pictures and stuff all up yet! We have been in our house over a year and the dining room is still bare:( I got preggo a few months after we moved in. Pregnancy and Liam have kicked my butt....seriously...I just always say SOMEDAY it will be done---

Abby said...

everything looks so good. nice job finally getting it done. It's a different story at our place- we knocked out our decorating in 30 minutes. hahaha. that's what you get in an apartment w/ no kids. :)

Heidi said...

Your house looks great! I love your door decor. :) Heidi.

The Hall Family said...

Well, in my book ice cream is a food group, so bring on the sprinkles! I had a good time talking with you at the ornament party Sarah!

Jenny said...

Congrats on finishing it all up, Sarah. Your house looks beautiful!! I love coming to your blog, because you always have a fun update for me to read. I so need to be better at that. So... thanks! and Merry Christmas!

Annie said...

Your house looks beautiful! We still need to finish up our Christmas decorations...we are definitely behind this year. And with your bathroom cleaning issue, there's a reason why you guys should live here. I follow after my mom in loving to clean, and bathrooms are one of my specialties :)

Anonymous said...

You're a superstar

- your secret admirer

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love all the decorations! Your tree is beautiful.
I agree, the entry way is amazing too! That's a great staircase.