Monday, December 08, 2008

The Tree


This year we decided that we wanted to get a real Christmas tree.  Just to try it out.  There's something so much more authentic feeling about a real tree.  Plus, the tree we have is only 6.5 ft. tall from Wal-Mart.  It cost $30, which will pretty much tell ya that it's a pretty sad little tree.  

So we went up to a Christmas tree tent in Prosper and picked us out a nice big tree.  We had planned on going to chop down our own tree, but life has just been insane and that just wasn't an option.  
 
First, Madison inspected all the trees carefully.


So did Jaxon.  With a little help from mom and dad.




Then we took our tree home. The whole experience wore Jaxon out.  (or maybe he's just embarrassed because he's wearing his sister's hat)


We let Madison ride home on top of the car with the tree.  Just kidding :)


But Madison did do a great job decorating one branch of the tree with almost all the ornaments we have :)




Don't you just love this picture?  I know it has nothing to do with the tree, but he's such a cutie!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

HOW FUN! I love your pictures:) I love having a fresh tree but we gave in and bought a fake one last year...it's just so much easier for me.

Annie said...

I love getting real trees! They make the house smell so good! We just barely started putting up our decorations and trees...so late.. :)

Anna@Exasperation said...

I grew up with real trees at Christmas. Once our kids our older we'll make the switch to real trees. I just love how they make the house smell so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Love tree decorating! We decorated our for FHE. We chopped it down with the Raders last Sat.

Where are you? TX or KS?

emilie s. d. p. said...

I really can't wait to meet Jaxon in person!