Wednesday, December 17, 2008

While Dad's Away....

Chris was out of town the last couple of days. So I took the opportunity to do some of my own fun projects. Not that it's really much different if he's out of town or not, but I do have more time in the evenings to do my own thing.

In my continuing efforts to become Amy Butler I totally ripped off this bag from her website:

Hers
Swing Bag


Mine



What do ya think? Not too bad, if I do say so myself. I had to make up the pattern because I didn't want to pay a ton for the real pattern. But, it was a super simple design.



I also decided to make some super, super yummy cookies. White chocolate chocolate cookies, to be exact. These turned out much better than the fudge I tried to make last night. I definitely am not ready to take my cooking skills to that level. The fudge turned out hard as a rock!



And here are some recent pictures of my adorable kiddos. Our new favorite past-time is bath time! Madison loves having a brother to share the bath with her, and I must say Jaxon loves the bath. It's a great activity to kill time between 6:00 p.m. dinner and 7:00 p.m. bedtime.


Why such an early bedtime, you might ask? Well, because this is Madison's idea of taking a nap:


She's become obsessed with changing her own clothes so whenever I put her down for a "nap" she just strips down to her birthday suite and practices changing clothes. I come in and she's wearing a completely different outfit than what she was wearing when I put her down. This activity usually only gives me about 30-45 minutes of peace, but today it kept her busy for over an hour!


(backward and inside out, but done by herself!)

And here is our little boy, all grown up and mobile! I am so not ready to have a crawler in the house. I take it for granted that I can leave things on the floor and they won't be disturbed, but alas, it seems that in a very short amount of time I will have 2 mobile children. I must say that Madison is thrilled with this idea, however. She is completely enamored with Jaxon. She always comes and tells me that he's awake (even though he isn't) because she wants him to play with her. So, she's very excited that he will be able to more actively participate in playtime.


( I had a movie, but it didn't upload. Trust me, this boy is movin'!)

9 comments:

Jeni said...

wowsers can you say cute? I cant believe you totally ripped it off good!! NICE WORK!! really it looks so great, i am jeleous.

Amanda said...

I don't think 7 pm is an early bedtime! My 5 year old is still in bed by 7 most nights--b/c I need him to be:)

Your bag is SO CUTE!!!!!! and I have an easy fudge recipe---- it turns out 98% of the time and you don't need a candy thermometer!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, LOVE the purse!!! Great Job!

Amy said...

Your kids are hilarious! :) Sounds like they definitely keep you on your toes. That bag is ADORABLE! I'm so impressed you made up the pattern. I don't think I could do that. Wanna make me one?! :)

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Hi Sarah! It was great to see Chris last night-but I tottally missed you! He talked about going on a cruise..I think we should definitely go with that idea. Your christmas decorations are super cute:)

Anonymous said...

The purse is darling...I'm so impressed! And I completely agree with Amanda - 7 pm bedtime is great!

Katelyn said...

What fun. Sarah, I love your blog. I really can't believe Jaxon is crawling. Dresser unload is a 'fun' game at our house too. URGH

Sarah said...

sarah-- have to agree-- handmade is the ONLY way to go for christmas-- we need to start our own bag company girl :D

emilie s. d. p. said...

That purse is awesome, you are so talented. I love the fabric you picked too.
I love the picture of Jaxon and Madison taking a bath together. I love how much she loves being with him.