Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Round here

Well I guess it's time for a little bit of an update about the Wise family. Not that we've done anything especially interesting lately, but I haven't posted any pictures for a while. So, other than eating lots of junk food (or I guess I should say trying unsuccessfully to eat less junk food) here is what has been going on 'round here.

Chris: working, working, working. That's pretty much it. Well working and trying to find a new car, which is big ol' pain in the backside.

Sarah: playing with the kids, cleaning, going to the gym, cleaning, planing Enrichment Night (since I'm the Enrichment Leader, ha what were they thinking :), cooking, cleaning, going to play dates, you get the picture.

Madi (aka Belle, Princess Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella, depending on the day): playing princess, coloring princess pictures, reading princess books, planing her princess birthday party (her birthday is in April, she's already planning)

Jax: smiling, laughing, climbing on everything, chewing on everything


And here are some recent pictures: 


Chris's Birthday Party!  We had lots of friends come over for a housewarming/birthday party!  It was so nice to have the space for everyone to come over.  The kids played upstairs and the adults hung out downstairs.  Thanks to everyone who made it such a fun night!


In the middle of the party, right after Chris blew out his candles and everyone was looking right at him, Madison came down stairs completely NAKED!  I guess she was playing dress-up and needed help!  

Chris got Rock Band for his birthday, so we've been rocking out quite a bit lately.  I've gotta admit, even I love this game.  Chris has been teaching Jax a thing or two about being a rock star.  But honestly, I think Jax is way too cute to pull off the bad boy rock star look.

We got a family membership to the gym so that I can take Madison swimming.  I got her a new swim suit the other day and Madi HAD to try it on that night.  She played "pool" in the front room.  At one point she got mad at me because I was sitting "in the pool" I had to go sit on the steps instead.  She picked out the hat all by herself.  What a stylish little girl.

Madi and Austin showed Uncle Sean who's boss when we had the family over for dessert!



Yesterday Madison got a Valentine package in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Porter.  She was THRILLED!  They sent her wands and princess Valentines.  What more could a 2-year-old ask for.  It was also perfect timing because Madison was having a breakdown over her hair.  I've had to start threatening to cut it if she won't let me brush it.  Last night I had her on the sink and the scissors were in my hand.  If Chris didn't like her hair long I would totally chop it all off right now!  Luckily Grandma and Grandpa saved the day!

Here' s our bathing beauty at the Rec Center on Saturday.  We've got to keep those swimming skills sharp!  We're aiming for the Olympics in about 2016.  Funny story though, Madison got herself dressed and I forgot to tell her she didn't have to wear panties with her suit, so she wore her cute little undies the whole time we were at the pool :)


And here is our little man.  He still does this kind of half crawl half scoot thing to move around the house, which is so funny to watch, but he's climbing like crazy.  His favorite toy is the vacuum cleaner.  He crawled into the pantry to play with it today and when I took him out he was MAD!

5 comments:

Abby said...

OH what a cute post- Madi is so silly wearing panties w/ her swimsuit-- i think i did that too when i was young. haha.
I haven't seen Jax forever- he's so big!

Jeni said...

cute pictures sarah! You look great for so many treats. this also keep me going to the gym, knowing what your legs look like!! haha what a play date this week?

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

That's a beautiful picture of you Sarah! That cake was amazing by the Way, That godiva chocolate on it was soooo good! I was craving chocolate so Bad yesterday that I took Austin to the rocky mountain chocolate factory to "pick a chocolate" since he is sick. Whatever, I went so that I could get my fix!

Amanda said...

Sarah!!!! I just got called to Enrichment Leader also ( and still get to keep doing cub scouts lucky my!) HELP! What are some good groups that work?? sigh I am at that point of way over my head. After chocolate and a two hour meeting I feel... better....
Let me know Amanda Alfred

Anonymous said...

um, we SO need to get together for a rock band night. or just to cheell. it has been WAAAY too long.
too bad Jonas and I were completely drained from being sick or we would have had fun at the partay. we are very sorry for not joining in on the fun! happy late birthday chris!