Okay, so I've mentioned that Chris got in a car wreck 2 weeks ago. And so far I think we've handled it pretty well. Neither one of us has been horribly upset, despite the fact that we'll have to fork over some dough to get a new car, since Chris's old one is totaled. We've just kind of accepted it as par for the course and tried to be thankful that at least no one was hurt.
Until today. Today we were informed that since the car is totaled we will not be reimbursed for the cost of the rental that we've had for the last 2 weeks. This doesn't make any sense to me. So if your car isn't totaled (meaning you can probably still drive it just fine) the insurance company will reimburse you for a rental. BUT if your car IS totaled and you have to BUY A NEW ONE and you can't really drive the wrecked one very well because it's TOTALED then you WON'T be reimbursed for the rental. To top it off it took the insurance company over a week to even give us the quote on our car. And this whole weekend the rental has been just sitting in front of our house, because we thought we were going to be reimbursed for it. UGH! This is Texas law, but the way, so it's not a reflection on any particular insurance agency, although the insurance agency of the guy who hit us is pretty bad.
Anyway, and to make matters even more annoying we don't have the title to our car because we never got it when we paid it off. So we have to wait to get it mailed, then the slow insurance company has to give us a check, then we have to go find a new car. So we're looking at probably another 2 weeks without 2 cars. If Chris didn't work from 6 am to 9 pm I would just drive him to work, but that's going to be really tough with the kids. AND he's supposed to be going to the chiropractor 3 times a week, too.
GRRRRR!
So here's the summary: we get HIT, we get TOTALED, we wait FOREVER, we have to BUY a new car (and Chris's car was PAID OFF!), we pay for the rental. So, so, so annoying!
Such is life, I guess. This is just one of those fun things you have to put up with :)
Thanks for letting me vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I wish I could give you a great BIG hug right now!!! I am so sorry. That really stinks and is SO unfair. Let me know if you ever need a ride anywhere! :)
That is so LAME! My little sister told me that Chris was in an accident, she was at my dad's office when he came in. I hope he isn't in too much pain!
Sorry! First I hate it when we get in car accidents. It's so frustrating when all of a sudden you have to fork over money you weren't planning on spending, and then you start thinking about what you'd rather be spending it on. Second, I hate it when things pile up like they are to you guys. Sounds like a rough few weeks. Good luck! Hang in there!
totally stinky! car messes are never fun. I'm just waiting until we do away with cars and can transport ourselves by the touch of a button....oh, star trek!
Welcome to my world.
We're so glad Chris wasn't hurt.
Love, Mom
Eww eww eww-- i'm so sorry- that is such a bummer! Especially when that car was paid off! Lame. Well good luck w/ everything:)
what a BUMMER!
Totally sucks. Sorry:(
Post a Comment