Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Chris!




Today Chris turns 27! 

10 things I love about Chris:

1) He's honest.  I'm not just talking about the fact that he doesn't lie, cheat, or steal.  I'm talking more about the fact that if I ask him for his opinion he'll give it to me, honestly.  The other night I asked him a "do these jeans make me look fat" question, and he was totally honest about it.  I appreciate this for 2 reasons.  First, I know he'll never let me leave the house looking stupid and, second, I know that his compliments are sincere.

2) He's funny.  At first Chris kind of comes across as being quite, but once you get to know him and get him out of his shell he's hilarious!  I love that we can joke and laugh together!  

3) He's smart.  Chris is really, really smart.  He won't ever toot his own horn, but he's definitely very intelligent.

4) He's patient. Except when he's driving, I rarely see Chris upset.  He rarely gets mad.  We hardly ever get into arguments and when we do it's usually me stirring the pot, not him.

5) He's a great dad.  I love watching Chris with the kids.  He loves to play with them and make them laugh.  Even though he works a lot, he always makes it a point to spend time with the kids instead of watching sports or doing his "own thing."

6) He's good.  Chris has a very good heart.  I rarely hear him say anything negative about someone else.  He always has good intentions.  

7) He's deliberate.  Rarely does Chris make an impulse decision.  He's very thorough when it comes to decisions about money and his career.  He doesn't rush through life like I tend to do (meaning he doesn't drop, break and lose things like I do:)

8) He likes to go shopping with me.  This was probably one of the best surprises about marrying Chris.  He likes to shop and he likes to shop with me.  He even likes to shoe shop.  Sometimes we go shopping and he just watches me try on clothes.  Even if I don't buy them.  How many men actually do that ?!

9) He's spiritual.  We have never, ever had to have a discussion about whether or not we should go to church on Sunday, pay our tithing, or fulfill our callings.  Chris has a testimony and he is a worthy priesthood holder.  I am forever grateful to have the gospel as the center of our home.

10) He's my best friend.  More than anything I just love to spend time with him.  We get along really well, we have fun together, and I trust him more than anything.  His opinion means everything to me.  


Happy Birthday to my favorite person in the whole wide world!!!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

ohhhh happy birthday chris! those are 10 wonderfult hings!

Sarah said...

happy birthday-- that was sweet :D

Heather Lynn said...

Happy Bithday Chris! Sorry we didn't make it over to your house. I hope you guys had fun!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Great post! Happy birthday Chris! It was fun to see you guys on Friday.

emilie s. d. p. said...

This is such a sweet post. Happy Birthday to Chris!

Sarah, I'm so glad you married such a wonderful man. I have always admired and loved you so much and it's so great to see how happy you are and I know a lot of it is thanks to Chris.

Anonymous said...

I love my son too. He's always been those 10 things to his mom. I'm glad he found someone that matches him perfectly. Whatever he lacks his beautiful wife brings out!