Friday, January 09, 2009

What keeps me up at night...

It's been a long time since I've done a list. So I thought it was time for another one. I call this "what keeps me up at night":

1) My new calling. Can't telly ya what it is because I haven't been sustained yet, but it's way out of my league, and I'm a little nervous. I'm mostly excited, though. It should be a lot of fun, although very time consuming.

2) Decorating my house. Now that Christmas decorations are down my house is bare. I mean really, really empty. Chris keeps saying it looks like we just moved in. So I've been lying in bed thinking about what I want to do in each of the rooms. I was always so excited to decorate my own house, but now that it's here it's harder than I thought it would be. Why? Because everything is permanent. If I don't like it I have to put up with it for more than a year. So I think and think and think and maybe someday I'll put it all into action. We'll see.

3) What I need to do tomorrow. I've been so busy with all of the holiday festivities that I haven't had much time to keep up on things around the house. So all week long I've been playing catch up. By some miracle I've actually gotten a lot done. But every night I lie in bed and psych myself up for what I need to do tomorrow. (deep cleaning really isn't my favorite past time, go figure:)

4) Money. What can I say, doesn't everyone lie in bed at night and think about money? One of my goals for the year is to learn to be better with money. I do the coupon stuff and buy A LOT of stuff used, but I want to get better at saving money for more short term things, like furniture and house decor projects, instead of just spending it on other junk that won't last nearly as long. So I lie in bed planning and trying to think of a good system for achieving this new level of financial responsibility.

5) Goals in general. I'm a very goal oriented person. And with it being the beginning of the year I've got lots of new ones to think about!

6) Weaning Jaxon. I'm done. At least I want to be. The kids got some pretty sharp teeth, enough said. Plus, I've been feeding him about 6 times a day still, on top of lots of solid food. I think he needs more than I can give him. He, however, has not been complying with my attempts to stop. I don't know if it's going to work.


So yes, this is what I lie in bed thinking about at night when I'm going sleep. Not that I have any trouble falling asleep, though. I usually get in bed sometime between 12 and 1 a.m. and I'm out with 20 minutes (unless Jax wakes up to eat, which he has a knack for doing the second I get in bed).

4 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

Don't worry about your house. You pretty much DID just move in. It takes awhile. And do you want to come deep clean my house! :)

Jeni said...

ahhhh the teeth are the worst!!! and yes alot of those things are things we all think about at night. EVERY NIGHT!

audrey said...

first of all, this is an old friend of chris', and it's awesome to see how well you guys are doing! :)

second of all, i love to find other List-ers : ) (sometimes it feels like all i do is make lists and think about making lists. but i like yours--especially the title, bc i the things on my lists keep me up at night too : )

third of all, teeth + nursing = ugh. i have a 10month old, and i finally weaned her! yahoo... hung on as long as i could. good luck : )

if i had a blog, which i don't know why i don't by now, i'd send it your way! when i finally do, i will!

tell chris hey, and you guys have a beautiful little family!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Well, I feel ya on the weaning due to teeth, Austin used to bite, but Ethan doesn't let go when he bites. Baby have pretty sharp teeth.