Monday, January 05, 2009

Holidays: fun, but not relaxing!

Warning: this post is super, super long and most of you don't know half the people in any of these pics. Sorry :)

Man, oh man, it's been a fun couple of weeks and I must say I'm exhausted. I took a nap Saturday, slept until 9:30 Sunday, took a nap Sunday afternoon, and then went to bed at 11. We have just been way too busy having way too much fun! This Christmas we got to spend time with Chris's entire immediate family. Then for New Year's my entire immediate family came into town from Kansas!

I've already posted a few Christmas pics, but here are some more bowling pics:


Yum!


Madison wasn't all that interested.


Mom and Dad Wise


Cousins!


Austin and Jon


On Dec. 30 we went out to Bonham. Wises have a friend with some land out there and we had a great time shooting, swinging, roasting hot dogs, hiking, and riding ATV's! Very fun. The kiddos loved it, too, and the weather was perfect!

These kids would have sat on my lap all day! They loved this swing.

My big, strong hunter!

Walking around the pond!

Can't make a straight face to save his life :)

New Year's Eve we had a party at our house to ring in the new year! So fun! Tons of good food and lots of games!
Uncle Stee-bo!

I love my man!

Mom and Dad Wise

Josh and Ashley

Garrett and Danielle (my bro and sis)

Seth and I, my little bro!


Then there were late nights up talking, playing games, watching movies and just goofing around. We probably went to bed after 1 a.m. every night the whole 2 weeks!

My sister! I wish she lived closer.

Matching purses. But we look absolutely nothing alike!
And this is what happens when you stay up too late. See I have a birthmark on my arm that looks like the continents of Europe and Asia. Danielle has a missionary in India. We thought we'd draw him a map... like I said, not enough sleep :)


Yay for the holidays! My dad also built us a great window seat in our kitchen that we are loving!

Now it's back to reality. It's busy season for Chris (when isn't it?) and I feel the need to completely reorganize my entire house. So over the next couple of weeks I will be attacking one room at a time and getting things sorted, stored, and better organized. Wish me luck :)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your bag!!!
I feel the need to reorganize everything too! It will take me a long time with L though:)

Abby said...

looks like so much fun with all the fam!! it always gets crazy when you're with your fam late at night... i LOVE your hair- new cut right? looks great. and i also LOVE that bag you made!! Since I have a new sewing machine!!!!... i can make one too.. you just need to teach me :) That pic of Madison cooking is ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer, too! But, I'm coming to play with you for like a whole month at the end of the semester!! :) Can't wait, I miss you already!

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love the pictures of you three on the swing, it's adorable.
Your holidays definitely sound super busy! I'm glad they were filled with lots of family time, that's always the best.
You'll have to show some pictures of the new window seat your dad made, that's awesome!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Jeni made me a bag and I didn't realize when I was picking out the fabric that it's the exact same as yours:) Obviously you have fabulous taste.
Glad you had a fun holiday!

Heather Lynn said...

Love the pic of the kiddos swinging with you, so sweet.

Annie said...

So fun! It was great having all our family for Christmas. I can't believe Austin is 3 now, and Maddie is almost there! Time has flown. We miss you guys so much! And can I just say you look absolutely gorgeous?!