Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why My Sister Is My Hero



Hello everyone!
Well, today Sarah is taking a break from writing in her blog about her own life and allowing me, her sister Danielle, to report on the Wise family experience as of late through my eyes as an outsider. I have now been here in Texas for a little over two weeks and would like to officially take this opportunity to declare my sister my SUPERHERO! I highly doubt there is much need for explanation as to why I would choose Sarah; nonetheless, I shall expound.

1. Sarah is officially good at domestic things. Now I'll be honest, I once witnessed Sarah burn 2 consecutive batches of rice krispy treats, which is a remarkable feat seeing as how they don't even go in the oven. But that was a long time ago... now she decorates cakes (Madison's birthday castle was the COOLEST!), sews, keeps the house clean, makes awesome decorations, and does many other various crafty things, and still finds time to play my little pony with Madison.

2. Sarah accomplishes on her own every day what would take me much longer... and she does it with two kids!!! It's incredible, it really is. Two kids plus life has got to be about a 5 person job, but she somehow pulls it off. And it's one thing after another after another without a break for her as the mom every day... and she wakes up every morning for more!

3. Sarah LOVES her kids, and it's obvious that they absolutely adore her, too. To illustrate: Madison makes up really cool games all the time, like "run and jump in the pool" (which consists of first running, followed by jumping in the pool) and Sarah plays with her wholeheartedly. She also acts as a human jungle gym for Jaxon quite regularly. It's the cutest thing... they are all such great buddies. 

4. Sarah has the cutest children alive. Self explanatory.

5. Sarah has instilled in her children the Porter family's love of water, which manifests itself in various ways, including Madison practicing her swimming on the kitchen floor. Madison can also swim, blue lipped and shivering, about 10 feet all by herself. GO MADISON!! 
6. Sarah is a SMOKIN HOT MOM!!! We ran a 5K in under 30 minutes on Saturday, and are thoroughly convinced that we could have done even better had it not been early morning (however, we did have BEAUTIFUL weather!!). Not only is she in good shape, her brown hair is natural, she is tall, she has pretty skin, and she has a cute smile and freckles. Hot mom status for sure.

7. Sarah is helping people ALL THE TIME. She has such a good heart. I'm so impressed with my big sister... she's always checking up on people or taking them dinner or watching their kids, or all of the above, and she doesn't even complain. She's enthusiastic about life and whatever her days may bring, and that's one of the things I admire MOST about her! 

8. And I have to just end with... Sarah is the best sister EVER!! We are best friends, and I'm so lucky I have her. She always understands me and listens every time I need to talk to her, and doesn't make me feel guilty or lame for it. She just lets me talk, and seems to always know what to say and how to relate. I love her for it, and I couldn't ask for a better sister and best friend! I wish we lived closer all the time, but for now, I'm just happy I get to see her when I do, and happy she's coming to see me in June! What a sister. :) 

So, I could go on bragging about my hero Sarah forever, but I LOVE YOU SARAH and I know a lot of other people do, too! I'm lucky to have you!



5 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

That was cute! Sisters are fun I wish I had one. And I pray all the time my sweet little Madisyn will one day have a sister.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I totally agree with everything you said Danielle! Sarah is my superhero too and I hope someday I can live close to her too so she can teach me how to be as amazing as her! She is one fantastic mother/woman/friend/sister/etc.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Sarah!

Abby said...

Ahhh what a good post- good job little sis! Sarah is pretty amazing! I hope I'll be that good of a mom some day... soon! Aaack!

Heidi said...

Sarah is awesome and I think that is so cool that you two are so close! I only hope that my two little girls grow up to be best friends! :) Heidi

Jeni said...

Very sweet of your sis. and yes I also LOVE sarah!! she is all of the above for sure!