Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A muddy October


I just received this e-mail from my husband about 5 minutes ago:


Hi babe.

How’s your day going today?  Enjoying the rain?  Man it’s so great to have this rain finally, we’ve gone so long without it, I was getting tired of looking at the sun.


Not




It is true.  I think we've had about a month of rain here.  And it's made for a very muddy, chilly October.  I do love colder temperatures, however, so I've tried to focus on that.  (I really hate that in Dallas it can be in the 80's all the way until Thanksgiving.)  And we've been drinking a lot of hot chocolate.


We haven't let the mud stop us, though.  Saturday we bundled up the kids and took them to the pumpkin patch!  We really had a great time.  Okay, Jaxon, Chris and I had a great time.  It's hard to know these days if Madison is ever having a good time because she finds an excuse to whine about EVERYTHING!    


Anyway, here's our evidence:


We let both of the kids pick their own little pumpkins.










Both of the kids loved the hay maze.  Jaxon didn't want to stop going through it.  And he wouldn't go out the way he came in. He would only go out the exit!  









Madi found a princess, that made her happy.


Jaxon could have driven this tractor all day.


and there's nothing like some cheesy cheetos to finish off a great day!



5 comments:

Abby said...

soo cute!! i know i say this probably every time you post, but your kids are just so dang adorable. and you probably knew that already.
that was a funny email chris sent ya. haha. this rain sure is persistent.

Anonymous said...

oh that sounds like so much fun! we're going pumpkin-picking tomorrow and hopefully this rain will stop for a little bit for some sunshine but letting the cold stay! i hope you guys are doing great! we really miss hanging out with your fam!

Jeni said...

ahhh i have been wanting to go there. Looks like fun! Madison sure is a beauty Sarah!

Heidi said...

I'll have to get directions to that pumpkin patch. It looks like tons of fun. Cute pictures. I have to admit, I love this weather! True fall (to me anyway)! :) Heidi

Kari said...

Mud mud mud. I slipped in the mud and smacked myself on the car. Luckily I had flip flops on so they just rinsed off. What pumpkin patch did you go to? Looks like a fun one.