First, two stories from Madison:
1) Sunday night I was completely fed up with Madison. She had had a horrible, awful day- whining non-stop, tantrums, the works. Anyway, it was bedtime and I told Chris I just couldn't handle it. I told Madi I would say prayers with them and that was it. Madi was upset because she only likes me to put her to bed. I told her she'd have to be happier tomorrow if she wanted me to put her to bed, but that she needed to just say her prayers. She responded, "okay, but I might say bad words." (bad words to her means saying things that aren't nice, not cussing!) Chris and I were both laughing so hard that it took about five minutes for her to actually get through her prayer.
2) Yesterday I was going to the store to get some things to make a few craft projects. On the way Madi asked, "Mom, when are we going to be at the crap store." What a great slip of the tongue! I'm sure many a man would agree with Madison's assessment of the craft store as the "crap store".
Then from Jaxon:
He isn't talking in sentences yet, but he does always say "down" when he wants up, which is pretty funny and confusing, I might add.
I have also been impressed by how much Jaxon talks. I figured that being a boy and a second child he would probably talk later than Madison. It took him a while to pick up on signing as well, so I didn't expect his language to be as developed as it is. So far he can say: shoes, up, down, dada, mama, airplane, hotdog, cheese, milk, yum, tickle, tickle, tickle, uh oh, night-night, book, ball, outside, all done, more, cracker, doggy, doll, thank you, go, and I'm sure there are a few more I've just not picked up on. He never stops jabbering. I'm pretty convinced that once he starts talking in sentences I'm going to go deaf from listening to him and Madison talk non-stop!
No comments:
Post a Comment