Like every vacation, this vacation included a couple of less-than-fun experiences.
Uncool experience #1: pedicures. I thought I would be a nice sister and take Danielle and Madi to get pedicures before the wedding. I figured it would be some fun girl bonding and relaxation time before everything got really hectic. Wrong. We went to the salon the day after Christmas. When we got there it was pretty cold inside and the owner said that it was because they had been closed for the last 2 days and the heat had been turned off. No biggie, we were going to have our feet in hot water anyway, and we figured by the time that we were ready to get manicures the heat would have kicked in. Nope. Turns out the heat was broken. So we sat FREEZING our tails off for 2 hours. By the time we were done Madison was IN TEARS because she was so cold. I would have left, but we didn't realize the heat was broken until it was too late. I guess we all did bond that day, but more from shared misery than shared enjoyment. Oh and to top it all off they totally messed up Danielle's nails and she had to go pay to get them fixed.
Uncool experience #2: car accident. On our way to Vegas from Salt Lake we hit some snow. We probably would have pulled over and waited it out, but we were trying to get to Vegas in time for Danielle's Endowment Session. Well, visibility was low and to make a long story short Chris saw a car going about 45 mph ahead of us, tapped the brake to disengage the cruise control, and we ended up sliding off the road into the median. Luckily the median was just a grassy ditch. I don't know how far we skidded, but it was quite a ways as we were going about 60 mph. We ended up stuck in the ditch and part our car and some of our front bumper got knocked off. However, God was definitely looking out for us. My bro. Garrett called not a minute after we hit to see where we were (we hadn't talked to him yet that day and he was driving to Vegas at the same time). Turns out he was only 20 miles ahead of us. Garrett was able to turn around and come and help us get out of the ditch. The "car part" that fell off into the snow turned out to be part of the emissions system, nothing necessary to actually drive the car. Thankfully we made it to Vegas 20 minutes before the Endowment Session. Two lessons can be learned from this: 1) don't drive with the cruise control on in bad weather. I think I remember hearing this in Driver's Ed, but now I understand why. 2) Listen to the little thoughts that are PUT in your head. I'm so glad Garrett listened and called. It was a relief to know that help was on its way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gah! I would have been so annoyed!
opposition in all things..lol Sorry it was awful, I hardly ever have a good experience at a nail salon, i'm so darn picky. So was the water cold then??? yikes!
Post a Comment