Tuesday, January 26, 2010

back

I've taken a short blogging hiatus.  Just haven't been feelin' it.  Plus we were without internet for a while and I was out of town for a week.  But Sunday night Chris told me that my life is way too interesting not to be blogging it (he said this while Jaxon was pouring his fettuchini noodles on his head at dinner and waving his arms around and totally hamming it up).  I wouldn't say that my life is terribly interesting, but my kids are pretty stinkin' hilarious and since this is a family diary, well I guess I better get with it.

This blog is one last catch-up blog and then we'll get to the more recent stuff.

While in Utah and then again in Kansas we had a chance to play in the snow!!  In Utah we went sledding. Madison was a little scared at first (and distraught that she had to wear a boy's snowsuit), but she warmed up to it and ended up having a blast!




She thought making snow angles was about the coolest thing ever.



Both the kids had fun with daddy.




Jax had mixed feelings about the whole thing.  He didn't love the snow because it was hard to walk in, but he kept saying "mommy, slide!" so I guess he like the sled well enough.



By the end Madison even got brave enough that she went down the hill alone!



Can you feel the love?

About 2 weeks ago I drove up to Kansas with the kids to help with my sister's open house there.  When I got there I was shocked at how much snow was on the ground!  It doesn't usually snow more than 5-6 inches and that usually melts within a couple of days.  So the 2-3 ft tall snow drifts were incredible!  The weather warmed up right when we got there, so the snow was perfect for making snowmen.  Madison thought that would be a great idea.  We got out the "boy snowsuit," made Grandpa promise to call her beautiful, and set out to build a snowman.

This is how Madison built the snowman:




Seriously?!  since when was building a snowman a spectator sport :)




Both of the kids were pretty impressed with the snowman that the sat and watched ME build.

5 comments:

Danielle and Trev said...

I love the pictures of you guys all playing in the snow!!! Cutest family!!! :) I miss you already... boo... That's it, we're moving to Texas. Enough with the cold already!!!

Jill and Ryan said...

Super cute pictures. Your family is adorable. I hope all is well.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

hooray for an update!!! Missed you tonight, hope you're feelin better..can't wait to see y'all tomorrow. Those are great pictures. Danelle: you absolutely should move here!

Abby said...

adorable kiddies- and so big too! That looks like SO much fun playing in the snow. Wish we had some here.
So are you FINALLY done w/ your trips and traveling? If so, I'd love to get together!

Juli said...

I miss the snow. I love that pic of you sledding down the hill. Priceless expression.