Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Utah adventure: bowling and snowboarding

Let me just say that I think we pretty much squeezed every ounce of fun out of our trip!  Although we were living from suitcases for almost 3 weeks and we were very busy with last minute wedding preparations, we still managed to have a pretty darn good time.



The Monday after Chris arrived we too the kids bowling at BYU for FHE.  Madi was ecstatic!  She was cheering for everyone the entire time!  And she even hit a couple of strikes!


Jax enjoyed bowling for about 5 frames.  Then he found the "Dance, Dance Revolution" arcade game and that kept him occupied for the rest of the night!




The next day Chris and I went snowboarding ALONE!  Just the two of us and it was a wonderful day!  It was snowing all day so there was nice, fresh powder and there was hardly anyone at the resort.  I hadn't been on the slopes for nearly 3 years and I must say I did pretty good!



Plus, Chris looked super cool in my brother's snowboarding gear and his "sick" board (as one of the kids on the slope called it).




After Christmas we went snowboarding again, with Chris's family and my bro.  I did not have a good experience this day.  Let's just say I dissolved into tears and made a complete fool of myself after falling very hard on my shoulder (3 times in a row).  Not a good day for me!  But Chris and everyone else had fun!




Jaxon is pretty pumped for the day when he can start snowboarding also.

No comments: