Monday, January 03, 2011

Birthdays and "The Farm"

Every year around Christmas we go to "the farm" which isn't really a farm at all, but that's what the kids like to call it.  The farm is a piece of land that some friends of Grandma and Grandpa Wise live on out in Bonham, TX.  Anyway, keeping with tradition, we visited the farm again this last week.


Jaxon was in LOVE with this dog.  Seeing him with the dog made me wish I didn't have such strong feelings against dogs.  (I'm scared of dogs, first off, also, I'm allergic to dogs, also, too, I some bad experiences dealing with Chris's families' blind/deaf/ incontinent dog, so yeah, dog issues.  We will never own a dog.).


Jaxon also loved riding on the ATV.  I would be willing to own an ATV someday.  I'm not allergic to them and they don't pee on the floor :)  Madi was a pansy, as usual.  She didn't want to ride the ATV.


Then we went shooting.  Chris wanted a gun for Christmas.  Can you guess what he DIDN'T get for Christmas?  Yep, a gun.  So he had to borrow his dad's.  


I did a little shooting myself.  And, not to toot my own horn (or should I say fire my own gun?!), but the Wise WOMEN, meaning Ashley and I, kind of out-shot the men, except for dad.  Just sayin' we earned bragging rights!


Here's Madison pretending to ride a horse, I think.


Jax didn't like the sound of the gun so we let him wear some ear protection.  I just think it's funny how they headset squeezes his cheeks together.  Makes me laugh.


My cousin Austin is turning 5.  We babysat him the other night, so we made cupcakes and let the kids have a little party.  Madi and Austin are best buds.  In fact, they are such good friends that they are being put in separate primary classes this year.  Evidently being reverent is not one of their strong points, at least when they are together.  


Jaxon and Ethan are also best buds.  For some reason Jaxon likes to boss Ethan around.  I'm sure Jaxon is saying something like "E-fan, you eat your cupcake" or something else bossy.  


Lastly here is Aunt Ashley at her birthday celebration.  Happy 24th Ashley!!




1 comment:

Jessica and Rod said...

Just for the record, Austin and Madison are good in Sharing Time, but yes, their teacher did recommend separating them this year because "they love each other too much."