Monday, January 10, 2011

Odds and ends

1) What is it with my kids refusing to wear pants?!  Madison wore nothing but dresses for 2 full years.  I've finally gotten her to wear pants again, but that has only been in the last month or so.  Jaxon refuses to wear pants, too.  All he wants to wear is soccer shorts.  He will not even wear soccer PANTS.  It has to be shorts.  So guess what he wore to the gym today? Soccer shorts and his froggy boots.  There's snow on the ground.  Whatever. 

2) Yesterday after church we asked Madison what they talked about.  She started telling us this story about how Mushu wanted to tell all the people what to do and then he took the angels with him.  Yeah, we were a bit confused for a while until we realized she was talking about LUCIFER.  At least she got the snake/serpent thing right.

3) Then we asked Jaxon what he learned about at church.  "I go to nursery.  I play.  I eat a snack.  I come home.  I put on my soccer shorts and I RUN."  Yeah, not so much on the doctrine I guess.  

4) I am a germ magnet.  My kids are healthy.  Right now I have a horrible sinus infection that has been making me nauseous and dizzy.  On top of the sinus infection the antibiotic the Dr. gave me has made me feel even worse (curse you augmentin).  I got a new antibiotic.  I only have the sinus pain now.  I feel much better.  Through out all this no one else in my house has so much as sneezed.  I'm so glad I can get sick on behalf of the whole family.  Really though, I'm glad my kids aren't sick.  Cause that's worse.  Except when Madi got bronchitis and couldn't talk for 24 hours.  Not gonna lie.  That was kind of nice.

5) Busy season is here!  Hooray!  Okay, not that it makes much of a difference.  Chris just gets home at 9 or 10 instead of 8.  But I do really hate it when he works Saturdays.  Oh well,  I don't have morning sickness this year.  I'm sure I will manage just fine.  I've got a long list of projects I want to do.  They will keep me busy.  I'm pretty sure by now I've mastered the art of surviving busy season.  

6) I used to say that I'm not a "baby" person.  I take that back.  I am SO a baby person.  I love babies.  Oh my gosh.  Mostly my babies.  Not so much to hold and snuggle, but to tickle and squeeze and giggle with. I am so in love with Colton.  I am so in love with my kids being in love with Colton.  I could just squeeze the spit out of him.  And trust me, he's got plenty of spit and drool to squeeze out!  I really want 2 more at least.  And I honestly mean that.  However, I'm so traumatized by my experience being pregnant with Colton that it's going to be quite some time before I think I can cope with pregnancy again.

7) I really hate being hot.  I'm probably one of the few people who complains about 60 degree weather in January.  But you know what? I like to be bundled up and I do NOT like to sweat all the time.  I like wearing sweaters and boots and sweat pants.  Yesterday it snowed and I think I was almost as excited as the kids.  



You know you live in Texas when every time it snows you feel the need to take pictures....


.... your kids don't have gloves the right size....



....  and rain boots and cowboy boots are the best shoes you can find for the snow.



Yes she's wearing tights in the snow.  She was so excited to have a snowball fight.


No worries he's bundled up.  He's got 2 sets of p.j.'s and a hoodie underneath this fleece sweater.


She came home from church and said "all my dreams came true".  Then she today she asked me if Heavenly Father wanted to surprise her by having the snow start while she was in primary.  Obviously the entire world revolves around her, including atmospheric conditions.


Madison actually helped build the snowman this year.

4 comments:

Porter's Post said...

Cute snow people!! I'm glad you got help with the snow man this year! Looks like fun.

Love, Mom

Jessica and Rod said...

Well, I'm glad someone enjoyed the snow. I've been cursing it. In fact, I didn't even send the kids out to play in it until today. I stayed inside ...

Lisa said...

"Obviously the entire world revolves around her, including atmospheric conditions."

Thanks for making me spit out my diet shake while laughing so hard. :)

Danielle and Trev said...

MADISON!!! Every time I see her she looks so much older! I wish I could come to her dance class so much!!! And Colton is so cute dressed up in all his snow gear... I want to hold him and play with him all day long!!! And Trevor calls his pants for athletic training his soccer pants now, in honor of Jaxon. I also call him Tra all the time. Jaxon is my hero, please mail him to me.