You know that sane, calm feeling that I wrote about in my last post? Yeah, it's gone. I knew it wouldn't last long. Heck, it didn't even last 24 hours. That post was last Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon, by sheer random coincidence, I ended up taking six kids to the park. Six very well behaved kids, but still, six kids. The sane feeling was gone by Wednesday evening :)
Thursday morning I went to chaperone Madison's school field trip to the pumpkin patch. It was really fun to spend the day with her and her little friends.
I'm trying to enjoy the opportunities to spend time with her while she still wants me around.
Here she is doing one of her famous rock star poses (except I kind of think she looks constipated)
The only downside of the trip was when I stepped in an anthill. Fire ants! I tell ya, they are like nothing I have ever seen. They're so aggressive and the bites sting like crazy!
Then after the field trip we went in for a second consultation for Madison's teeth. The consensus? Four teeth need to be pulled. She also has six cavities (really 3 cavities in-between her teeth so each cavity affects two teeth, but of course you have to pay for each tooth). One cavity is monstrous and actually needs a crown. All I can say is $$$, sigh. We are going to have her sedated, though, because she's so deathly afraid of needles I think this much dental work would put her over the edge.
The dentist has a really cool office with a TV on the ceiling. I thought the kids looked so cute watching the movie together (it lasted about 5 minutes before they started fighting). And yes, they do officially weigh the same amount now.
Then Friday we went camping. Camping is really fun, but it is a lot of work. We went with some friends of ours by a lake near our house. The kids LOVED playing in the sand near the beach. Since we are currently in a drought the beach area was extra big! Also, since we are in a drought, there was a burn ban, which was lame. Especially since everyone around us ignored the ban and had fires. We tried staying the entire night, but Colton woke up at 1:30 a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep. I'm sure at home he would have fussed for a bit then fallen asleep, but since we were all in the same tent it didn't work that great. So I drove him home and Chris and the kids stayed the night. Then I came back Saturday morning.
Madi drinking her slushy.
Jaxon raking
Colton digging. Doesn't he look like a little man?
Muddy hands
Jaxon really enjoyed just chillin' in his chair under the trees.
Madi and me
Daddy and Jax
This is how I feel like we usually look to other people :)
Family pic (yeah I know that was a lot of pics of a short camping trip. whatever. fun memories, okay?)
Then Saturday morning Madison woke up with red eyes. Which I assumed was allergies from sleeping outside. By Saturday night, though, it was obvious that she had pink eye. It's been AWFUL! Oh my gosh. I have never seen pink eye this bad. We thought it would clear up by yesterday, but it didn't. This morning she was literally sitting on the couch screaming all morning cause her eyes hurt so bad. We went to the Dr. and got some eye drops. Hopefully this will clear up soon. I hate watching her suffer. She can hardly open her eyes.
And finally, here are pics from Jaxon's trip to the pumpkin path with his preschool. He really wanted to wear his skeleton PJ's.
two cute skeletons
Oh my goodness I could eat this little cowboy!
In the patch
With his pumpkin, which he has since used as a ball and busted open on the front porch.

















2 comments:
crazyness! I least you fit some fun in there;) Although to me camping is more work at this point than its worth...but I don't love camping anyway....but I have 2 boys who do....sigh...
Hope all the dental work goes okay....and that your ant bites heal fast. OUCH!
You always have a lot going on, don't you?! Darling pictures!
Post a Comment