Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The many adventures of shark girl and captain creative

I took Madison in to the dentist on Monday.  Routine check-up.  No biggie.  Until the hygienist started cleaning and we discovered a little surprise: Madison has two rows of teeth.  Her adult teeth have grown in behind her baby teeth.  They are almost completely grown in.  Evidently Madison had no idea that she had two huge, extra teeth in her mouth.  I don't know how you could miss those things.  Sad thing is we may have to get the baby teeth extracted because they aren't even loose yet.  I'm getting a second consultation for that, though, mainly because Madison is DEATHLY afraid of needles, and I don't want her to have to get a numbing shot in her mouth unless absolutely necessary.  


You know the term "absence makes the heart grow fonder?"  Well that's how I feel about Madison and Kindergarten.  Having her gone 2/3 of the day make the 1/3 of the day that she is home AWESOME!  But it also gives me a chance to spend much-needed time with the boys without her around.  I've really come to appreciate spending quality time with my little girl.  Last Friday night the boys were in Flower Mound watching Chris's brother, so Madi and I had a little girls' night.  We went to chick-fil-a, got a craft, got ice cream, and watched a movie while we did our craft.  I hope this leads to many, many girls' nights in the future.  A girl who loves chick flicks and crafting (and chick-fil-a) is a dream come true!



Then there's captain creative here.  Jaxon's imagination (and his mouth) run a mile a minute.  He's been coming up with the funniest stuff lately.  This is his airplane (nerf darts stuck to the sides of a sword): 


And I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but this is a stuffed skunk with spiderman securely attached using a baby wrist rattle.  


I'm also really glad that we bought Jaxon a bunk bed.  Those two mattresses he has in his room really come in handy.  (As long as he's sleeping IN his room I couldn't care less)


I must say that for the last week or so I've been feeling abnormally sane.  My house is clean and my pantry is stocked and we are all caught up on appointments etc.  My kids have been behaving pretty well.  No one has been sick lately.  I've had time to really sit down and work with each of the kids and their respective educational needs.  We've had time to play outside and read lots of books and bake cookies and do all the things I love doing with my kids.  I've even been getting some crafting done!  And I'm trying to soak it all up because I'm pretty sure it's not going to last.  But I'm so enjoying this little period of calm!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Teach me! I'm trying to get there but just can't!

Anonymous said...

"i'm sharktooth!"

..."grrr"

seriously if i see madison with two sets of teeth and she doesn't say this to me, i might cry.

also how many hours a day, average, is jaxon wearing those pajamas? and did he put the bed on the floor or did you help him with that?

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

That's crazy about Madison's teeth! So funny!