"It looks like you've really got your hands full."
I've been hearing this a lot lately and it's made me wonder what people really mean when they say it.
Do they mean:
a) All the effort that you're making to be organized and put together, yeah, it's not working. You look totally clueless and overwhelmed.
b) Lady, what were you thinking having 2 kids that close together. Don't you know how this having kids stuff works?
c) Maybe you should just stay home for the next 10 years until your kids are old enough to behave in public.
d) Most people have kids and then leave them in daycare all day. Maybe you should try that.
e) Can you please make your baby stop crying and tell your 2-year-old to stop throwing a tantrum. They are disturbing the peace.
f) You look absolutely exhausted. Oh and you smell like a combination of poop, sweat, chlorine, and sour milk. When was the last time you took a shower?
g) All of the above. (In other words. You're crazy and so are your kids.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sarah, that is a great post. Isn't it amusing to hear the things people say, and more often than not it comes when your kids are acting up. Like when I finally make it to the check out line at the grocery store and Caden has had numerous fits all through the store. Then they look at me and say with a smile "how are you doing today". Can't they see that I am beyond frazzled, exhausted and just want to eat that chocolate I just bought? :) Your kids are very cute and worth every comment, good or bad!
So many options... I wonder if you would get that as much in Utah :) Miss you!
What a cute post! You are so creative and funny. :)See you soon, Heidi.
You get it EVERWHERE, right?! At least I do for sure. My favorite is when people are just STARING at you and don't say anything at all.
I love this post. You're so freakin' funny!
HA HA!!! So funny! I'm sure people think that they could never handle two kids as well as you and that they definitely couldn't look half as good as you doing it!!
I always schedule bathrooms for Fridays??? It's not so bad after I have to wash all of the floors on Thrusdy
Post a Comment