Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jaxon



Yay! He's smiling. There is nothing like a baby's first smiles to make you feel like a successful parent. Up to this point I've been feeding and changing him every few hours with no response (or thanks:) whatsoever. However, now that he has started smiling and cooing a feel much more gratified as a mother.

I can't even being to express how much easier it has been the second time around. I don't know if it's just me or if Jaxon really is easier (it's probably a combination of both), but I honestly think that, right now, Jaxon is my easy child. He sleeps decently. He's an AMAZING eater, which is something I still struggle with with Madison. He's usually pretty happy, and best of all he's got the cutest, chubbiest cheeks ever, not to mention the crater in his chin:)

Now if only I could get him to fall asleep before 10:30 p.m. Any suggestions on how to get him to bed earlier would be greatly appreciated. He sleeps about 4-5 hours once he's down and then only wakes up 2 times each night for about 20-30 minutes, but I just can't get him down before 10:30.

4 comments:

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

That second picture just cracks me up! So, cute ...

Bassetts said...

You are so lucky! I'm not quick enough to get a picture of Keira smiling. What fun pictures. Miss you guys.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Hate to say it, but 10:30 is really good for a kid that young! At 3 months I put the kibosh on Sophie's late nights and made her cry a bit as we worked toward an earlier bed time. Now she's out cold by 7 pm on most night. Halle-freaking-lujah. I'm also pretty impressed that he's sleeping for such long periods of time! That's awesome. Hopefully it's helping you feel more like a human?! Maybe?

emilie s. d. p. said...

Oh my goodness, his chin is so cute, it cracks me up. I'm glad he's starting to give you some feedback!!! Seeing those pictures makes me want a baby so bad!!!