On Friday we just kind of bummed around. We went to dinner at Cotton Patch Cafe (one of our new favorite restaurants. ) My brother, Garrett, the hairy one, was able to join us. The only member of my family who wasn't there was my sister, Danielle, who is in Hawaii for the summer, tough life I know! Anyway, then we went and watched the Frisco fireworks, which were pretty good. Madison loved them!
Saturday we went out on the boat. It was really fun. I'm proud to say that 1 month after having Jaxon I was able to get up on the wakeboard my first try. I've been sore all weekend but I think that is mostly from Chris landing on me on the tube! Jaxon liked the boat, too. Madison mostly just wanted to swim in the lake.
Sunday, blessing day, was the day that made the weekend "memorable". Jaxon and his cousin Ethan were both blessed in church, which would have made the day memorable enough, but to top it all off Madison had the flu! So she threw up red juice all over her pretty white dress (and my car) on the way to church. My brother drove back to get her a dress, so we could take about 4 pictures before we all went to sacrament meeting. Luckily she made it through the sacrament without throwing up again and we took her home! The blessing was beautiful, though. It is always humbling to be reminded what special spirits these babies are and that it is my responsibility to raise them right!
7 comments:
Sarah you are looking so good! I can't believe it has been a month! Jaxon is getting to be such a chunker!! SOO cute!!
We were so sad to miss the blessings. BTW - You look amazing! and Jaxon is such a cutie!
Hey! How are things? I actually just found out Julianne had her baby last week. I guess he had to stay in the hospital for help with breathing, but I'm not sure if he's been released yet. Joe started a blog. www.3harmons.blogspot.com
oooo--he's so cute! and you look fab. I didn't get a chance to swing by the other day, but I'll be coming back home next Tuesday and will come by Wednesda if that's okay??? Can't wait to see you all!
also, about the no meat challenge, go to the full blog to read up on the guidelines...you'll be find nursing cause we'll get all the protein we need too. Hope you're in!
oh man- how sad madi had the flu. so is the dress stained now? sad. wish i could've been there- i had to play the organ in sac. maybe next baby blessing eh?
um heck ya, you guys come over anytime! hey i've been meaning to ask you if you'd like me to take pictures of madison and jaxon soon, and do a family portrait too, maybe when you get settled in your hizzouse, or maybe we could go to a park or something. won't cost you a SINGLE dime, unless you'd like me to print and frame some for you, but seriously i just want to get some more experience in with other people than with jonas, paul, animals and sunsets. haha. so let me know! and you better be up for running sometime soon!!!!!!! heidi's in on it too, so we need to pick mornings when we'd like to go!!
ahhhh I am so sorry I couldn't make it! He is sooo sweet though, looking adorable of course!
You are looking FABULOUS as well, OF COURSE!
OK so cookie bake off is this saturday afternoon at the rawlins in carrollton... more details will be sent to you! but I need you both there with the kiddies!
Post a Comment