I've been told that I need to write down all the funny things that Madison does. And since I blog more than I write in my journal, I'm putting them all here for everyone to enjoy:
The other day I was trying to get some stuff done on the computer. I went upstairs to get Jaxon and when I came back down Madison was sitting in my chair. I said, "Madison, what are you doing." Her reply, "I'm just trying to look at something real quick. Go play with your doll house and leave me alone." (Can you guess what I was saying all morning?)
Today I heard her playing with her dolls. She said, "That's not how you ask for something. You need to ask nicely. Say, 'mommy can I please have it.' Say it like that, okay?"
Kind of give a new definition to the term "repurposing funiture", huh!
The other day we were driving in the car and she asked me to sing the "shadows away" song. I called my sister and Chris asking them if they knew what song it was. No luck. Well today we were listening to the primary CD and Madison started saying, "it's the shadows away song!!!" Turns out the "shadows away" song is the "Sing Your Way Home" song. Of course it would be some obscure primary song! Hey at least we have the mystery solved!
Madison will not let me get her a carrot out of the bag and hand it to her. She says it's not cold enough. Instead she has to get the carrot out of the bag herself. It doesn't matter that the whole bag is sitting on the table and they're all the same temperature, whether I get the carrot out or she does.
The other day when I was getting Madison dressed I told her to go get me her shorts. She came back with some kaki shorts, so I put them on her and continued getting everything ready. I few minutes later I looked at her and realized she was wearing Jaxon's shorts. The sad part: they were longer than her own shorts.
Another one of Jaxon's outfits that Madison fits into.
Her dolls names are Hannah and Danielle. Danielle is 2 years old, just like Madison. Hannah, however, is 24. Every time I ask she says the same thing. I guess maybe Madison thought I needed a friend my own age :) Danielle and Hannah are both the same type of doll, which means they can share clothes. However, Madison won't let them. Hannah has more clothes than Danielle. Madison always gets to "be" Hannah and I'm Danielle. She won't let me borrow any clothes from her though, and all Hannah ever wears is her tutu. Which means a lot of cute clothes just sit there unused.Madison's new favorite game is hiding. What does that entail, you may ask? We sit in the closet in the dark. Chris asked me what we do in the dark. We just sit there and say "shhh, we're hiding." That's it.
Today I saw a baby horse and said, "Madison, what does a baby horse say?" Her response, "meow."
Madison is obsessed with birthdays. We sing the birthday song every day. We sing it in the car, at dinner, while we're playing dolls. She's been to quite a few birthday parties lately and now she thinks that every time we go to a friend's house we are going to a birthday party. She's got the routine down, too. We went to a party last week where they didn't open presents and she was very upset about it. What little kid likes watching other kids get toys that they can't even play with?
6 comments:
She cracks me up! I love how she repeats what you say to her...good thing your writing these down, they're hilarious.
that is so awesome- madison will LOVE to read about this when she's older. just keep it up with Jax too
Funny that in loittle mermaid that is natalies fav part too, except after the water she claps like Areal did a great job and she gets really excited!!
I need to write more stuff down too - in fact I will right now. and yes we do need to hang out soon.
Hang in there! Those are fun little people. And yes, they are the cutest grandchildren in town!
Oh my gosh. Madison sounds like she is a hoot to be around!! When do you guys move into your house? Or are you already in?? Either way...that is super exciting!! A place to call your own...Ahh...Sounds so nice!
Ahh Madison, so much like her mother!
Post a Comment