Two is a big adjustment. I can't decide, though, if I'm adjusting to having two kids or to having a two-year-old. Everything has become a struggle. Here's an example. Yesterday I wanted to go to the gym at 5:30 to take a class.
2:00: Start feeding Jaxon so that he can be ready to eat again by 4:30
2:30: Put Jaxon to bed
2:45: try putting Madison to bed
3:00: feel guilty for not playing enough with Madison, hear that it's raining, get her up to let her play in the rain
3:05: rain stops, cool!
3:07: tell Madison she doesn't have to take a nap, mostly because I know that if she does she'll wake up cranky and I won't have time to calm her down and leave for they gym by 5 if she falls asleep after 3
4:30: realize I need to get Jaxon up, change his diaper and Madison's diaper
4:45: start feeding Jaxon, Madison is running around getting into everything
5:00: start trying to get Madison to put her shoes on, which is no small task even though she likes the gym, put Jaxon in his carseat and pretend I'm going to leave Madison behind
5:15: finally have everyone in the car
5:25: hear Jaxon pooping in the back seat, great, now I will have to change him before I drop him off
5:30: arrive at the gym. Madison is being uncooperative so I end up carrying Jaxon in his carrier over my arm and Madison in the same arm so I have one hand free to open the door and to get my membership card out
5:35: check the kids in, but still have to change Jaxon
5:45: finally get to the work out floor, but feel dumb going to class 15 minutes late so I work out on the elliptical
6:35: pick the kids up from the gym, I'm refreshed and very happy that I finally got a little bit of time for myself, it makes all that planning worth it
9 times out of 10 when I get home from doing something both of my kids are crying about something. Jaxon is usually crying because he's hungry or because he's tired and can't sleep in his carseat. Madison cries for any number of reasons: she's hungry, she dropped her toy, it's sunny, it's windy, it's hot, I didn't pull her shirt down when I buckled her in, she wants to go see dad, she doesn't want to go see dad, she wants to go see her friends, she wants to "do something fun", and the list goes on and on.
I just try to keep repeating to myself "I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oddly enough this post really made me excited to have kids...Am I crazy? I think I've just got babies on the brain or something because any mention of them makes me want one! (one, mind you, I realize I'm definitely not ready for two).
I'm glad you we're even able to make it to the gym at all, sounds like you spent half the day preparing for it, isn't having two kids work out enough!?
That made me laugh:) Laughing with you not at you!
That is classic. I can relate to adjusting to the two year old thing, but unfortunately I can't say I have to adjust to two kids yet. I am glad to hear that Caden isn't the only one that cries at EVERYTHING! I think he is more emotional than a girl with PMS! He is happy one second, then crying, then laughing...all in like four seconds!
It gets easier when the third comes. Okay, not really. By then you're just used to the insanity.
But seriously, I feel for you. If you ever need a break drop them both off at my house and go get a pedicure. Mommy's don't get enough credit for how stressful our lives are! We have the MOST demanding bosses!!!
Sarah,
I know you aren't the only one out there with days like this! But like your next post, it's worth it! Just hopefully you have more "good days" then "bad days"! Isn't it nice to be able to complain and know someone gets it! Heidi.
Sarah -- I hope you received my birthday card to you. If not, I was surely thinking about you and perhaps should have called! I love to read your blog. You are so expressive, and it's just as if you were talking to me. You write as you would talk, and that makes it even more personal. Chris is surely blessed to have someone like you who understands what it takes to advance in his work, and will support him when he needs to spend extra time, or study extra hard. I hope he does well, and that the two of you can have some fun! I miss you!
Love,
Grandma Horne
Post a Comment