Monday, August 09, 2010

Full Term

Full term today.  Only 15 days (or less) to go, but who's counting?  Actually, and I really mean this, I'm okay waiting for 2 more weeks until the baby comes.  By some wonderful miracle I've been feeling great the last couple of weeks.  I mean I have energy, I feel happy and positive, and my heartburn has even improved.  Yes, I can't believe it.  I should be absolutely miserable at this point, but I really can't complain!  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not ready to go run any marathons or anything, but considering the fact that I'm 37 weeks pregnant, I'm feelin' GREAT!

This weekend we enjoyed some fun, low-key family and friend time.  On Saturday I took the kids to a new sibling class at the hospital.  I thought it would help the kids be more excited about the baby.  Plus, it was free, so who cares if it didn't teach them anything at all :)  Anyway, they did have a good time.  Jaxon LOVED seeing the babies in the nursery and Madison is very excited about the "snack room" that they have for the dads and kids who come visit. 



The kids made this cute craft.  I know that the picture is really blurry, but Jaxon's face just cracks me up. He always makes faces like this!


Saturday night we had Cafe Rio night with some friends.  A lot of people don't know this, but Chris is actually a pretty darn good cook.  He usually cooks either Saturday or Sunday night and it's always something wonderful: salmon, pork ribs, steak, etc.  This weekend it was Pork Barbacoa Cafe Rio style and it was awesome!  In fact, one of the guys who came over to eat with us was bragging about it to a friend at church the next day!  It takes 18 hours in the crock pot, but it's actually really easy and the recipe made enough for lots of left overs! Nothing like a little Cafe Rio salad to make the weekend great!



And here are some pictures of the kids dancing last night.  They love to dance around in the living room.  Most of the time it turns into a wrestling match, but they both think it's fun!







So yes, our low-key weekends will soon be coming to an end, I'm sure.  As baby #3 is threatening to arrive any day now.  I've been having some pretty decent contractions all weekend.  But they aren't getting any harder or more regular.  So I just have to sit on pins and needles for days on end.  I'm sure I'll  have contractions for the next 2 weeks and then I'll have to be induced anyway.  So fun!  That's okay, we have a lot going on to keep us busy, so the time will go quickly.

2 comments:

Danielle and Trev said...

Oh my gosh the baby class... that is so cute. I'm totally doing that with my kids. Or maybe for our first I'll make Trevor go make baby crafts. muahaha :)
p.s. we're having cafe rio tomorrow night for dinner and OH BUDDY I am excited!!! ... Even though we went there last week.

Amanda said...

have you had him yet? Keep us updated!!! I am waiting on pins and needles;)