Monday, August 02, 2010

Seemed like a good idea at the time


We went to Lowe's today.  Well actually we went to the doctor because poor miss Madi has bronchitis, then we went to Sonic to get poor sickie a slushie, then we went to Lowe's, because lately I go there almost every other day.  Yay nesting!  Anyway, we went to Lowe's and Madi saw noodles on sale.  My kids have been begging for noodles for a couple weeks I just keep forgetting to actually purchase them.  So, when Madi finally reminded me that she wanted one when we actually IN a store I made on my promise.  Who knew they sold pool toys at Lowe's?!  However, going through a store with 2 kids holding noodles just isn't really the best idea.  Those kids were wacking everything in sight: customers, me, shelves, each other.  I think most of it was unintentional, but still, it made for a fun trip!  Note to self: next time you buy your kids anything that's taller than they are, put it in the cart at the END of the trip.

On another note, hooray for August!  I actually despise the month of August.  August and February, really.  August is just too hot and in Texas it's already been hot for months by now.  We're sick of the pool, sick of the heat, sick of the sun, you get the picture.  Forecast for this week: highs in the 100's every darn day!  Yuck.  However, HOWEVER, this month I will finally be ridding myself of this baby bump and that makes me so, so glad that August is here.  It's also our anniversary this month.  Not that we have any amazing plans, but it always makes me happy to celebrate another year with my hubby!  

So, hooray for August and the end of pregnancy torture for at LEAST 3 years! (I have given Chris very specific instructions that we will not be having another child for at least 3 years. Maybe more.  Probably not, though.)  Only 24 days left to go.  Maybe less.  Hopefully less.  I've been praying for an early delivery.  Really I have.  My sister says probably every woman prays for that, but hey, it doesn't hurt to try!  




1 comment:

Heather Lynn said...

You just made me laugh out loud about the noodles. Adam looked at me alittle crazy but man that's funny!