On to other topics (as my next post will be about the baby and probably ever other post after that, too :). Jaxon has been cracking me up lately. He's decided that he is a super hero and that he is going to fly around the house and save everyone from the monsters. I made him a super hero cape because the table cloth that he was using wasn't staying on very well. He always tells me "mom, I'm want to fly up in the sky" then he puts his arms out and runs as fast as he can. He hasn't taken his cape off, except to sleep, for 3 days.
Madi in her princess dress and Jaxon is his cape coloring in their coloring books.
I made Madison a super hero cape, too, which she wears sometimes, but it isn't "princessy" so she prefers her princess clothes. Madison has informed me that her super powers include: doing laundry, mopping the floor, eating her dinner, eating her snacks, and keeping the house clean. I'm still waiting for her to put these super powers to good use.
Last Saturday we celebrated our 6th anniversary. We waited to go out until Monday, though. See Chris and I picked the perfect week to get married. The second or third week in August is always restaurant week in Dallas. Which means all the high-end restaurants have a limited 3-course menu for $35 a person. Now normally even that would be out of the budget, but since it's our anniversary we splurge. So every year we pick a new steakhouse and give it a try! Restaurant week started last Monday, so we waited and went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse for dinner. MMMM. The steak was amazing, so was the salad and potatoes. Gotta say the dessert was a bit of a disappointment. Last year we went to Del Frescos and they had orange creamsicle cheesecake... that's going to be hard to beat.
And other than that we're just waiting. Waiting for this baby to get off my stinkin' bladder and come join us in the real world. Chris says that since it's only 98 degrees in my belly and it's been over 100 degrees every day of August that the baby just wants to stay where it's cooler. Awesome.
Here's a final belly shot for posterity's sake. (not even going to pretend like I tried to make this a cute picture:) I've gained more weight this pregnancy but I'm actually at peace with it. With Jaxon I only gained 25 pounds. With this one I gained 40 (yuck), but this has been a more difficult pregnancy and I'm actually pretty happy that I've ONLY gained 40 pounds since I've had heartburn and been on heartburn medication for 8 straight months. Gotta love the snacking to keep the gagging under control.
Here's me with Jaxon. Have I mentioned how much I love that I always gain weight in my face? I must say my belly is much bigger this time, but not really the rest of me. Maybe that extra 15 pounds is amniotic fluid?! Yeah right.



9 comments:
Good luck! It's almost here. I really enjoyed being pregnant with Madeline, but this pregnancy has been a lot harder and yeah, I've had the heartburn, too. Not fun. And I've gained more, too, but you're right, it's nothing to stress over. Can't wait to see pictures!
Wow! You make pregnancy look good! Seriously ... you look great! Good luck! We'll be thinking about you!!!
You cute pregnant girl!!!!!
I'm DYING because I won't be seeing this baby until November :( :( But I guess that's better than not knowing when we'll see you. And we have webcam, so it's ok!!
hahaha- you're funny. Only 4 more days - at least you don't have 10 WEEKS like me! Ugh. Good luck! I bet it'll be nice to not have constant heartburn anymore!! That's just miserable.
You look awesome! 4 more days! Yeah!
u look great:) don't be hard on yourself....I have to eat constantly and gained 50 with each pregnancy.
I think you look fabulous! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! Good luck!
Your kids are so funny. I think you look great! I gained about 40 pounds with this last one. I know it's hard, but try not to stress. It will come off.:) And you can't even tell you gained at all, and everyone knows that's all the really matters. 25 pounds with Jaxon! That's just crazy. If I ever only gain 25 pounds with a pregnancy I would be a cranky B because I would be starving myself.
I can't wait to see Wise baby #3! Your kids look so different it will be fun to see what he looks like. Good luck with the not so fun labor/delivery and post pictures asap!
you look great!
Post a Comment