Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The truth of the matter is....

... I'm tired.  Madison keeps telling me to "stop staring at [her]".  Evidently I keep zoning out and staring at her.  Usually this happens when I'm sitting at the table trying to get her to finish her meal in less than 45 minutes.

... I'm distracted.  Yesterday I couldn't find the baby carrots.  I eventually located them in the freezer.  I then went to get something out of the pantry and found the sliced cheese on a shelf next to the graham crackers. Awesome.


... Bowel movements are expensive.  I spent $70 on diapers at Costco today.  Sheesh.  The obvious solution to this budget drain would be to potty train my older son.  However, dealing with accidents during the holidays and while I'm up all night feeding a newborn just isn't something I'm prepared to do right now.

... I really enjoy online window shopping.  My favorite store is Downeast Basics.  Seriously, I love that store.  They just added a little girls' line that makes me glad that Madison can wear her clothes for longer than 6 months now.  I feel much less guilty spending a little more on something she'll get good use out of.  However, my clothing budget is currently being "pooped" on, so I do a lot more online shopping than online buying!

... This is my third baby in 4 years and my body knows it.  It is definitely going to take a lot longer to bounce back physically from having this baby than it did with my other 2 kids.  Hello muffin top :)

... I just do not have time to stress about how I look.  Do I care that I'm caring around extra weight?  yes. Do I want to lose it? yes.  Do I have time right now to make losing weight a top priority?  not really.  My BMI is in the "healthy" zone.  Therefore, losing the extra pounds is cosmetic and it's just going to take a little longer this time.  I'm trying to eat decently, but I just do not have the energy to exercise extensively right now.

... I am greatly enjoying not being sick and pregnant!  After 9 months of having a limited appetite I am really enjoying eating good food again.  (This is definitely not helping with the baby bulge.)  Most especially, Madison and I have been whipping up some yummy pumpkin flavored treats!  Mmmm.

... 5 p.m. is a cursed hour.  No matter how hard I try to prepare for it, 5 p.m. hits and all heck breaks loose at my house.  Colton is always crying.  The kids are always famished, or fighting, or standing on my feet while I'm trying to cook.  Even when I'm just making waffles it still seems like I'm fighting a war to get dinner on the table.

... I love fall.  I love, love, love, fall.  October and November make August worth the misery.  We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday.  Saturday night we went had a cook-out with some friends.  This weekend I hope we can hit up the Arboretum.

... I can't wait for the holidays.  We aren't traveling this year.  Hooray!!!  My entire family is come to our house for Thanksgiving.  Chris's whole family is coming to TX for Christmas!  I'm so excited for some awesome, low-stress family holidays!!  Okay maybe a little stress since we'll have tons of company, but considering the fact that last year we were driving all over the country, staying home is much lower-stress.


And just for your viewing pleasure:  The Pumpkin Patch Pictures


This is the face he always makes when he's concentrating.


Yee Haw!


I was really impressed he wasn't afraid of that big huge cow.





14 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

I hear ya! This is my first experience with 2 in diapers. I keep forgetting which bottom I've just diapered.

Sarah said...

Phew! Just reading all that makes me wish I could come over and give you a break. You look soooo great! Don't tell yourself different, i'm pretty sure after I have a few more kids i'll be a balloon ... you have NOTHING to worry about.

Glad you had fun with the pumpkins, fall is the best!

Mia Hansen said...

Keep it up Sarah, you're doing great! You guys look so cute!!

Rachel Mohat said...

OMG I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of you finding the carrots in the freezer and the cheese on the shelf. And I don't even want to think about going back to 9th grade math or any math for that matter. Hang in there you are doing awesome!

Rachel Mohat said...

PS I thought you looked awesome when I saw you at Time Out for Women! No one else sees your "muffin top"

Jeni said...

ThAt is a yummy baby! WhAt p patch did u go to?

Malerie said...

Good thing we've sworn off even talking about #3 for a few years :) hang in there! You're doing a great job. You all look cute and healthy!

Eric and Amy said...

I LOVE this post :). Bravo for telling the truth ... and truth is it's all the same in all our homes too :)! You look great!

Danielle and Trev said...

You guys are SO. CUTE.
I want to be there when you take your kids to the pumpkin patch someday.
You are such a cute, hot mom and I love it and I love you!!!
And I CANNOT WAIT FOR THANKSGIVING!!!! Really really REALLY excited about it!!!

Cara said...

WE have the "5 o-clock crazy hour at our house too." And I feel you an the body issues. Maybe when Everett is in Kindergarten...

Michael and Lia said...

Hey Sarah, you crack me up. By the way, you look great! (Honestly, you 9 mts prego is like me 6 mts prego and then you pop back too!) I'm glad you posted - I love reading your honest explanations, they make me smile ; ) The one about Madison telling you to "stop staring" totally had me cracking up! (probably because I can totally picture it happening to me.)

Ashley said...

From your pictures I'd say you look fabulous! I love your hair btw! I can't believe how big your kids are getting :)

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Wow, sounds like you've got your hands full, AND whatever, the lbs are shedding already..I mean just look at Colten's cheeks...I know JUST where its going, cute boy!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

OMG!!! IS MADI WEARING PANTS???