Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The millionth snowday

I'm not exaggerating.  Today was our millionth snowday.  Okay maybe it was more like our 5th, in the last 7 school days.  I don't have children attending public school, but when public school is canceled EVERYTHING is canceled.  And now it's getting to the point where everything that has been canceled is being rescheduled.  And then re-rescheduled.  It's just kind of getting a little out of hand.  Oh and tomorrow is late start at school.  Which means Madi has late start, too.

I tried to leave the house twice today to buy puff paint for a YW activity tonight.  The first time I made it to the intersection by our house.  I had already slid through 2 stop signs and I decided it wasn't worth risking my children's lives for puff paint.  So I went home.  The second time I got everyone dressed (which includes wrestling the soccer shorts off of Jaxon and forcing him into pants), and we were literally walking out the door when I got a text that YW was canceled for tonight.  

So, in a desperate attempt to find something new to do we played Winter Wipeout (like the TV show on ABC.  I really like that show.  Chris thinks I'm weird.  I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.  I watch it when I'm ironing.)

Jaxon wanted to be the photographer.  He always uses his camera backward.  He thought it was fun to take a picture of me taking a picture of him taking a picture.


Obstacle #1 was the "ice cube walk"


Followed by the icicle limbo:


Then there was the "ski jump":


The "winter whackers":


And finally the "freezing rings":



The kids' favorite was the ski jump.  Eventually everything kind of fell apart (of course) and the kids ended up whacking each other with the noodles and such.  But hey they had fun.  Tonight at dinner Madi told me that today was a great day!


8 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

What a great idea! SO fun!!!

Erin said...

Now that's some pretty creative entertainment! Fun!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome idea! We might have to do that if this whole -ice over everything in Texas- thing keeps coming back!
Your kids are getting so big! I miss seeing you guys often! I hope everything's going great! :D

Amanda said...

I am going to have to steal your winter wipe out game ideas! Yeah my kids would end up like yours at the end:)

Malerie said...

Now that's a snow day!

Rachel Mohat said...

What a creative mom! Love it!!!

Michelle said...

Always fun to look at your blog. Very creative ways of keeping the little one entertained! Crazy how cold your weather has been, thnk you have had it worse than us here in UTAH! Hope all is well
Love,
Michelle

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Leave it to you to think up all these ideas AND take pictures. thats awesome.