So the first two weeks of February were insanely cold. The second two weeks have been HOT. I'm not exaggerating. Like 80 degrees hot. Like legitimately sweating just being outside hot. Like I have the AC running hot (mostly to combat humidity, ugh).
We took advantage of this upturn in the weather with a little trip to the zoo Friday. We had a pretty great time with some friends we haven't hung out with in way too long! The kids loved the animals and the water features at the end!
Water!
Cuties!
Jax was very into the map. He took it very seriously.
Look at how close the giraffes are! It looks like this one wants Madi's ring pop!
Then today we took advantage of the nice weather and went kite flying with our dad! Chris got to take today off and we were so excited to see him! I do have to say busy season hasn't been as bad this year. He only worked 70 hours last week, which is a lot, but nothing compared to years past. He worked til 10 Saturday night so he could have today free, but really, the fact that he could take today off at all is a miracle. Madison loved flying her Aerial kite. Jax thought it was cool for about 10 minutes, but he's 2 what can you expect?
Madi flying kites with dad
Colton is flying his kite, too. It's around his leg :)
Madi just wanted to run all over with her kite. I ended up doing a lot of running too-- chasing down the kites when they got away.
This is the only pic of Jax I got where he isn't grumpy.
And this is Colton's new trick. He won't roll over from his back to his tummy. He just does backbends. Goofball. I try to show him how to roll over, but I guess he thinks this is more fun.









4 comments:
Colton sits up so well!
Every time I try to sit up Abby, she just wants to eat her toes. :)
I have to say..the highlight of that post was Colton's backbend! he is a little dream!
His backbend is the funniest cutest thing ever!
So jealous of your nice weather! Seth and I are getting stir crazy in the house and so over the cold weather. Colton's back bend is seriously cracking me up ... I love it!
Post a Comment