Thursday, December 09, 2010

Jaxon Porter Wise

I don't get along well with 2-year-olds.  Madison and I went through a period of time where I was pretty sure she was going to drive me to insanity.  Jaxon has now reached that stage.  While he isn't nearly as severe as Madison was, this age of 2 1/2 is still putting me through the wringer.  I'm sure the fact that I always have a newborn when my bigger kids are at this age doesn't really help-- waaaay too much screaming.

But despite all the tantrums, all the times he hits me in frustration, all the times he tells me "go away mom, weave me awone," I still love my little man with my whole heart and soul.  And Jaxon still loves his DAD.  Yep.  I'm pretty sure I've become enemy #1 in his eyes because every part of Jaxon's life has begun to center around his dad.

Today he said, "Mom, I want to tell you a swecret 'I love my dad.'"  Last night this is how his prayer went "Heavenly Father, Thank you for my dad.  Thank you for my dad come home. Thank you for my dad's blue car.  Amen."  Ever since we went to Chris's soccer game in September Jaxon has to wear "soccer shorts just like his dad", and "soccer shoes just like his dad", and he always calls his socks "soccer socks" so he can be "just like his dad".  In fact his infatuation with soccer clothing has gone so far that yesterday, when I had him wearing jeans, he purposely pooped in his pants so that he could change into "soccer shorts".  I know he did it on purpose because as soon as he pooped he said, "now I can wear soccer shorts" and then this morning he ratted himself out and told Chris "I pooped in my pants so I could wear soccer shorts".  I'm sure he though Chris would be proud of him because then Jaxon would be wearing soccer shorts, too.  (For the record, Chris was NOT proud of him :)

You think I'm making this all up? 

Here's one more piece of evidence to prove my point.  On Tuesday Jaxon came to me and said

 "Mom, this is baby Colton":


"And this is you":


Now don't get me wrong, I think it was cute that Jaxon thought the baby Jesus was Colton.  But I have no earthly idea why I am a cow.  We have 2 nativity sets that the kids are allowed to play with.  I would have settled with being any one of the characters, even a shepherd.  Or the angel? (he, he)  But no, I get to be the chik-fil-a cow.  Lucky me.

Hopefully soon Jaxon and I can be friends again. Maybe when he turns 4.  That's how long it took for Madison and I to start getting along.  Sigh.  


12 comments:

Brianne said...

Ok, I know you're frustrated, but that is just too funny! I know what you mean though about this age...I'm right there with you. Can't wait til Matt Mo turn 4!

Abby said...

Oh, that is so funny though. You guys are going to love going back and reading this stuff when he's older. And I can only laugh at it now, because I don't have to deal with it. I should be scared, since that will be happening to me shortly ! Yikes! I am still just amazed at all the girls I know that have more than 2 kids. Because with 2, I am being pulled and stretched, and become exhausted by the end of the day. Don't know how you do it!
Looks like you had a fun and BUSY Thanksgiving.
Oh, and in reference to your comment on my blog... I bottle feed Emery, so really he CAN help me at nights. :) hehe. He's got no hope.
We need to get together.... maybe AFTER all the holidays are over.
Sorry for my novel of a comment.
The End.

Amanda said...

This is too FUNNY!

Jessica and Rod said...

I laughed out loud when I saw that cow.
Eve now has hit this stage where she just randomly comes up to me and says, "You're a bad mother(of course she pronounces it muh-ver)."

Erin said...

Oh, that is too funny! What are we to do with our toddlers?!

Lisa said...

too funny. :)

Michael and Lia said...

laughing, laughing, laughing...you did your job - you have entertained me once again ;) colton has not told me i am the chick-fil-a cow yet but he is trying to drive me very crazy (lots of "no" and just plain ignoring me - i just love carrying around a 30lb squirming, hollaring kid - especially when 5mts pregnant!) i am glad i am not the only one trying to figure out how to deal with this "stage!" hang in there : )

Malerie said...

Haha! That is too funny! Good luck through this stage! HE's definitely got some personality!

Sarah said...

Okay I'm laughing so hard at your little story with the chick-fil-a cow ... that is seriously too too funny!

Two year olds are hard. I'm on my first and I can't wrap my head around how to deal with it sometimes. It's just frustrating for both of us!

Cute that he is loving his daddy though, Seth does the same thing. i think because he's not home all day or something, he goes through phases of really wanting daddy attention!

Anonymous said...

So this is what I have to look forward to. Good to know! Actually we think Devin may be starting the terrific two's early. Baby Colton is sooooo cute!

Cara said...

So sorry! I feel your pain on the 2 year old. I'm ready to sell mine up the river. The only thing worse than a two year old is a three year old, so you're right, it doesn't get better until about 4.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Hey, give him credit for being so smart, he knows cow's produce milk just like mommies!!! that's probably all he meant. Because hey, you are the hottest "cow" I know.