Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Chapter 2- Thanksgiving Night

Danielle (my sis) and I are going to be "away" for Christmas this year, so we celebrated Christmas with the Porter family on Thanksgiving night.

All I can say is that my parents really out did themselves this year.  I've mentioned before that they are incredibly talented.  Well this year for Christmas my mom made all 4 of her kids queen size quilts from scraps that she had in her sewing room.  And my dad made my sister and I cedar chests out of cedar that he found in an old barn they were tearing down near his house.  Talented AND frugal!!!  Aren't they amazing!!!


Presents under the tree


Duplos from Grandma and Grandpa Porter


My quilt!  I absolutely love it.  It's got pepper fabric, cow fabric, bandana fabric, and a bunch of other fabric.  Perfect TX quilt!


Danielle's quilt


Seth's quilt



Madison got Rapunzel!  She's been sleeping with her every night


Oh and my grandma (great-grandma Hansen to my kids) made everyone SUPER cute crocheted hats.  My mom said she made about 40 of them, one for all her grandkids and great-grandkids!


And here's my cedar chest.  Handcrafted!  It's gorgeous!

Let's just make one thing clear: although my parents and my grandma are incredibly talented and make amazing homemade gifts I will NOT be doing that this year.  I might do something on Shutterfly, if we're lucky.  That's about the extent of my aspirations for Christmas 2010!  


1 comment:

Cara said...

So that's what Grandma sent us! The hats are darling, my kids will love them too! :)