Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 5

Hmm...  today I am thankful for..... well the more I've been thinking about our little craziness last night (see previous post) the more I am thankful that everything went down the way it did.  I'm thankful that Chris was actually home, since he is rarely home at 7:30 at night.  I'm thankful that my neighbor was actually home to take Jaxon for us.  I'm thankful that Madi fell asleep in the waiting room and slept most of the time we were at the ER.  I'm thankful that I did NOT pass out, even though I almost did while I was lying in the hospital bed helping hold Madi while they were stitching her up (I swear I saw her skull).  So yes, there are a lot of things to be thankful for about the way things transpired last night.  And I am very, very thankful that Madi hardly seems bugged at all by her "owie." In fact, I think she's really excited that she gets to wear a Dora bandaid on her head all day!

Also, today I am thankful (and excited) that my mom and dad and little bro Seth will be coming into town in only "2 more sleeps" (as Madi would say).  I'm beyond excited to have them come and visit.  I'm just looking forward to have some fun "down time" here at home for a change.  We are usually the ones doing the visiting so it will be nice to have company at our house this time!  And I'm thankful (?) that their visit has given me good motivation to do some deep cleaning in my house...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad all went okay with Madison! Have a great Thanksgiving:)

Did u get my e-mail about how the church time for next year is up for debate again?! Sorry:(

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

only 2 more sleeps and we get to have one big family thanksgiving! That will be so fun to see your family again. I am Thankful that you are my seester in law!