Last night as we prepared to begin our family home evening Madison and Jaxon raced up to the fireplace to faithfully perform their duties as music instructors for the opening song. One minute later we were calling our neighbor to come get Jax so we could take Madison to the hospital. She tripped and busted her forehead on the crown molding around the fireplace. Poor girl. She was a trooper though. Most of her crying was actually because she wanted to have FHE and thought that we were taking her to get shots. She was asleep before they even gave her the stitches (after waiting for an hour and a half in the ER). The Doc did do a good job w/the needle and thread and we don't think there will be any scar.
Now this wasn't life threatening, and I'm sure you have all been through something similar, but it just broke my heart to have to see her like this. I can only imagine what it must have been like for my parents when they watched me have surgery and have 30 stitches in my head as a two-year-old (thanks Dad). Enjoy some high-quality iPhone pics:
Just for clarification Chris wrote this blog. My parents would never drop me on my head :) (J/k Chris's parents are great people who would never do anything like that either, except by accident)
8 comments:
Ouch!
The boys were very interested in Madison's cut and the blood! We hope she has a speedy recovery. Also, love your thanksgiving count down idea---nice!
hahahaha nice
Oh Madison, you poor thing! Little trooper though! I am glad all is good!
ACK! No fun! I hope she's feeling good.
Wow! I am so glad it wasn't serious. Thank heavens for the ER. Tell Madi Ashlee hopes she heals quickly.
Sweet Girl! That's is no fun, I hope she's doing well.
Aw, so SAD seeing my Madi all hurt!!
:(
I bet it's so sad seeing her like that being her mom!
I hope she gets better really soon, she's lucky to have a cool mom and dad and a studly brother to help her feel better :)
Yikes! I'm dreading having something like that happen. I'm glad she's doing ok!
Post a Comment