Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Spooktacular!

Honestly, I love Halloween.  I hear a lot of people say it's a silly holiday, but I think that's why I love it.  There's no pressure to avoid commercialism in order to preserve the "true meaning" of Halloween.  It's just all around fun and lot of chocolate, which of course makes me love it even more.


 For FHE last Monday we helped the kids carve pumpkins.  Jaxon loved using the big spoon to dig out the seeds.



He wouldn't stop.



Daddy helped Madi carve her bat.  I was surprised that she chose a bat.  I was expecting a princess or something, but a bat was easy!



All done!  Jaxon's is a truck.  We wouldn't have won any awards, but we had fun!



Then there was trunk-or-treat!  Jaxon was a chicken.  There's nothing quite as amusing as dressing your kid up like poultry and watching him waddle around!



Madi chose to be a ballerina.  Not very original, but at least she wasn't a princess, which is what she originally wanted to be, but I talked her out of it because that's what she was last year.



Then Halloween night we went trick-or-treating with our neighbors.  Here's Jax, Madi, and Billy the guitar.




I really do think Madi will be a dancer someday.  She's got some pretty awesome moves.




And Brookly aka. Aerial joined us a little later!  Madi just adores Brook-a-win!


This is how Jaxon looked the whole night.  He just sat chillin' in the wagon.  Then when he ran out of candy he would go trick-or-treating at a couple homes to replenish his supply.  Notice the double hand approach in this pic.



I must say I was impressed with Madi's success.  Not bad for a three-year-old.




And here is Jaxon's Halloween costume.  If you look close you can see two sucker sticks stuck in the down of his costume along with various other bits of candy.



All in all Halloween was definitely a success.  Now come the rest of the holidays!  Yikes!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!!!

We're counting the days to Thanksgiving so we can come see you all. We have the cutest grand children and I'm not even biased!

oxoxox
Mom

Malerie said...

haha...i love the chicken costume and the suckers stuck to it!

Anonymous said...

I have got to teach Jax how to do the "Chicken Dance"! It would be awesome!

Now I've got that song stuck in my head...

Anna@Exasperation said...

Suuuuper cute!

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

They are so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting:) What a fun Halloween.

Danielle and Trev said...

My VERY Favorite kids in the world!!!!
Madison's hair is getting so LONG it's so pretty! And Jax is a stud... hahahaha his sticky costume.. that's very classic. AND I will be seeing you in ONLY slightly more than one month!!!