Last night Chris and I went on a date to do a little Christmas shopping and it got me thinking about one of the less-obvious things that I love about Chris: he likes to shop and he shops just like I do.
Growing up my mom HATED shopping with me. She'll admit it. She hated it. I don't know all the reasons that she hated it, but I do know that one of the reasons is that she hates how particular I am about "things" on my clothes. If there's one little piece of embellishment or one part that sticks out funny in even a very subtle way I don't like it and I won't buy it. Even certain textures bother me. And that is why I love Chris. Because he's the exact same way about his clothes. He gets me!!
To be honest, I think Chris is worse than I am. He's very, very particular about how his shoes look with his pants. I've never seen someone take so long to try on pants before. It doesn't bother me, though, because it just means that he gets me.
Another great thing about shopping with Chris is that he LIKES shopping, even for me. Sometimes we just try on clothes for the fun of it! How great is that! I don't know very many men who are perfectly willing to just go and watch their wives try on clothes (and shoes, too!).
And lastly, and maybe most importantly, Chris is just as cheap as I am. Oh sure we go into Fossil and oogle at their clothes almost every time we got to the mall (for some reason I LOVE that store), but we never buy anything. We just look. And we wait until things go on sale, and or have a coupon, before we buy them. Using these tactics we usually do a lot more looking than buying, but hey, we both enjoy the looking, so it's all good!
I'm just so glad that I married a man who gets me!!
3 comments:
I totally understand! Steven and I are the same way. I was amazed when I first shopped with Steven, I had to call my gal friends and confess I was having fun shopping with a boy. I almost felt guilty like I was betraying some unwritten rule. haha
I hope you all had fun shopping for the Holidays!
Once upon a time, last Saturday, Trevor and I went to Target to register. We were there for so long that the battery on the scanner ran out. THAT is real. I LOVEEEE that guy!!!!
It went a little something like this:
WOw. let's register for some towels!
What about this shade of blue?
But these are bigger...
Or do we want softer?
maybe these are sweeter...
but do those match this rug?..
etc.
I swear it took 30 minutes JUST to pick towels, it was a very funny experience and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it :)
You are one lucky girl! Jeff hates to shop which puts me in a pickle because I love it!!! You are one lucky gal!
Post a Comment